The National Hydropower Association (NHA) has announced that the upcoming 2020 International Conference on Ocean Energy (ICOE) is accepting abstracts for proposed panels, individual oral presentations, and posters.
The theme for ICOE 2020 is “Energizing a Powerful Blue Economy.” The primary goals for the are event are:
Showcase breakthroughs in ocean energy technology research and development;
Prepare ocean renewable energy to benefit the larger “Blue Economy” and the electrical grid;
Identify research needed to further advance the state of the technology.
As part of the call for abstracts, five, secondary topic areas have also been identified:
- International Developer and Technology Showcase
- The Future of Our Oceans and Ocean Energy’s Potential to Power the Blue Economy
- Foundational and Cross‐Cutting Research and Development
- Enabling the Long‐term Evolution of Ocean Energy Industries
- How Do We Get There? Securing Funding, Supportive Policies, and Regulatory Acceptance.
Submitters will be asked to select a primary and optional secondary topic that you believe your abstract submission aligns to.
The ICOE 2020 abstract submission period will close on October 11, 2019.
Every two years, ICOE gathers over 800 international stakeholders, experts and exhibitors from the ocean energy sectors (tidal, wave, ocean currents, ocean thermal gradients) to discuss device innovation, new market developments and regulatory frameworks to spur commercialization.
This event is supported by the International Energy Agency (IEA) through Ocean Energy Systems (OES).
The event is co-located with NHA’s Annual Conference Waterpower Week in Washington.