Association for wave, tidal, river current, and offshore wind energy Marine Renewables Canada is setting up East Coast Summer Event, taking place on August 15, 2019 in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
The annual event will this year deliver updates on tidal energy projects plus future outlook and insight on new market opportunities for offshore wind, tidal, wave, river current, and other clean marine.
The Industry Update Session will cover these topics:
Bay of Fundy Tidal Energy Projects: Progress and plans
• Jason Hayman, Managing Director, Sustainable Marine Energy
• Big Moon Power (INVITED)
• Sarah Thomas, Project Manager, Uisce Tapa, DP Energy
• Ross Sinclaire, Founder and Co-CEO, Jupiter Hydro
Supporting future tidal and offshore wind energy development
• Tony Wright, General Manager, Fundy Ocean Research Center for Energy
• Alisdair McLean, Executive Director, Offshore Energy Research
• John Shaw, Research Scientist, Natural Resources Canada/Geological
Survey of Canada
Global market opportunities
• UK tidal and wave market – Sue Barr, Chair, Marine Energy Council (UK)
• EU tidal and wave market – Jean-Christophe Allo, Commercial Director, SABELLA
The Industry update will be followed by Nautical Networking Event ~ 5:30 pm – 8:00 pm at Seaport Farmer’s Market.