DMEC (Dutch Marine Energy Centre) organizes together with IRO (Association of Dutch Suppliers in the Upstream Oil and Gas Industry and Offshore Renewable Industry) a workshop to identify collaboration opportunities between the offshore supply chain and ocean energy technology companies.
The workshop is carried out as an initiative of the OPIN (Ocean Power Innovation Network) project.
Accelerated development of the ocean energy sector is linked with existing or new developments in other sectors, especially the closely related offshore sector.
Synergies in joint technology developments, co-location (e.g. wave-wind farms), supply chain, and policies will be of great benefit to the success of both sectors.
In this workshop, the ocean energy sector will pitch to an audience of organisations from the offshore sector.
The draft programme is as follows:
1. Commercial opportunities for marine energy (Peter Scheijgrond – Head of Services DMEC);
2. Building a community of practice around multi use of the North Sea (Nico Buytendijk – Enterprise Agency Netherlands);
3. Dam-integrated solutions for tidal power generation (Marco Wagendorp – Operations Manager Tocardo Tidal Power);
4. Powering offshore applications with wave energy convertors (Fred Gardner – Director Teamwork Technology);
5. A Dutch solution to build floating bridges equipped with tidal turbines which generate power from the flows (Eric van den Eijnden – CEO Tidal Bridge);
6. Powering islands and offshore infrastructure (Erwin Croughs – Director Slowmill);
7. Discussion of joint development opportunities.
The free-to-attend workshop takes place at Maritiem Museum Leuvehaven 1, 3011 EA Rotterdam, Netherlands on July 2, 2019 (14:00 – 16:30 CET).
For more details contact Peter Scheijgrond at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Ocean Power Innovation Network (OPIN) is a 3-year initiative, running from 2019 to 2021. The project has a total project budget of €2.6M, with €1.5M in financial support contributed by Interreg North West Europe from the European Research and Development Fund (ERDF). OPIN is a cross-sectoral collaborative network that aims to accelerate the growth of the ocean energy sector and its supply chains across the partner regions of Ireland, the UK, Belgium, France, the Netherlands and Germany. The basic premise of OPIN is to encourage both cross-sectoral and cross-regional collaboration for Offshore Renewable Energy SMEs. Cross-sectoral collaboration will bring already proven expertise, capabilities and products from other sectors into the ocean energy sector. This will help to reduce costs and accelerate technology development.